Node: seating for the active learning environment.
Designed for the classroom and learning environments, Node also fits well in corporate spaces such as training rooms, lobbies and touchdown areas.
The Node chair is mobile and flexible. It’s designed for quick, easy transitions from one room configuration to the next. With Node, a space can transition from presentation mode to team mode and back again, without interruption.
Benefits & Features
- Casters ease mobility for quick, easy transitions between teaching modes
- Swivel seat keeps open sightlines between student and instructor, whiteboard, and other students
- Personal worksurface swivels in with seat and is adjustable for users of all sizes. It accommodates left- and right-handed students and is large enough to support students’ digital and analog resources.
- Tripod base keeps backpacks and valuable personal belongings out of the aisle
- Five-star base provides seat-height adjustability
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand free up worksurface area for books and other technology
- Flexible seat, without pneumatic adjustments to worry about, keeps students comfortable in a variety of postures
- Open seat design offers easy access, while arms serve as backpack hooks
- Comfort without upholstery means easy maintenance
- Steelcase warranty with elevated durability testing
- Choose between tripod with storage or five-star with seat-height adjustability, both available with worksurface. Base options include hard casters, soft casters and glides
- Five-star base is also available in stool height.
- Available with or without worksurface
- 21 color options for seat shell
- Base is available in 3 color options
- Worksurface is available in 5 colors
- Optional cupholder and tablet stand available
The Node chair is shipped in three simple parts (base, seat shell and worksurface-if ordered) that assemble in 30 seconds without tools. Really.
Every stage of the Node chair’s life is being considered. We work with McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) to select materials that are assessed safe for human and environmental health.
The Node chair is undergoing a complete Life Cycle Assessment, evaluating the chair’s lifelong impact on the environment—from materials extraction through production, shipping, use, and end of life.
SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified for indoor air quality. The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).
MBDC Cradle to Cradle™ Certified. The U.S. Green Building Council has recognized the importance of Cradle to Cradle design protocol by awarding LEED points based on the use of C2C certified products.
View Node’s Product Environmental Profile.