The Think chair by Steelcase understands how you sit and adjusts itself intuitively. Environmental impact is minimized and the Think chair is the first-ever certified level™ 3 product, the highest BIFMA e3 standard. The Think chair is also the first product to ever receive Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry’s (MBDC).
a. Your Profile™ Seat and Back
The back flexors are individually shaped to the human form to provide optimum support for each area of the back. Seat flexors conform to your shape, providing dynamic comfort.
b. Your Power™ Mechanism
The Your Power Mechanism moves fluidly. It provides recline support proportionate to your body weight, while keeping you oriented to your work.
c. Adjustable Arms
The Think chair’s adjustable arms pivot and move up and down to provide support while allowing you to get closer to your work.
d. Flexible Seat Edge
When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs.
e. Your Preference™ Control
Adjusting the chair has been simplified – The Your Preference Control combines four comfort settings into one simple dial. Select your favorite setting: weight activated, weight activated with at 20% boost, mid-stop recline, and upright back lock.
German designer Glen Oliver Löew says of the Think chair, “Design isn’t just about style. It’s about design intent, integrity of materials and function. The Think chair is the result of an open dialogue between engineers, environmentalists, and the designer.”
The Think chair has a range of functional and aesthetic options:
- 3D Knit back is available in six colors. Matching seat upholstery is available.
- Available with a fully-upholstered seat and back
- Polished aluminum base
- Optional adjustable headrest, which can be added or removed at any time
- Optional adjustable lumbar, which can be added or removed at any time
- Fixed arms
- Adjustable arms
- Two frame finish colors are available: black and platinum
The Think chair has been tested for use up to 300 lbs. and is backed by Steelcase’s Lifetime Warranty.
- Red Dot Award for Product Design, (Germany)
- Good Design Award (The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design)
- iF Design Award (Germany)
- Enterprise & Environment Award for best French eco-product designed for the environment, awarded by the French Minister of Ecology and Sustainability (Pollutec)
- Editor’s Choice Award (NeoCon)
- Sustainable Design: Gold Award (IIDEX)
- Innovative Product: Gold Award (IIDEX)
- Workstation Seating: Silver Award (IIDEX) (BusinessWeek magazine and Industrial Designers Society of America)