What is Sound Masking?
Sound masking is an airflow-type background sound added to an environment. This sound is designed to cover-up unwanted conversations because it contains the same frequencies as human speech. The sound masking easily blends into the environment and makes other conversations more difficult – or impossible – to understand, and therefore more private and less distracting.
Sound Masking is designed to cover:
- Human Voice (normal speech volume)
- Light office sounds such as keyboard typing and papers shuffling
- Some echoes in reverberant spaces
- Light traffic noise
Sound masking is the only acoustical treatment that addresses all sound paths. The acoustical effect of walls, carpets and ceilings are static; sound masking can be tuned and adjusted as needed.
Adding sound masking to an open office space is the acoustical equivalent of tripling the distance between workers!
Qt Pro is a sound masking system engineered to provide exceptional sound masking in today’s changing workplace.
Qt Pro is a complete enterprise solution supporting multiple zones. A variety of control modules help fine-tune the appropriate solution for offices from thousands of square feet to hundreds of thousands of square feet.
In addition to sound masking, Qt Pro supports the distribution of music and paging. Network control provides the ability to adjust volume levels and control advanced features over the local area network.
- Direct field speaker technology provides a more uniform sound masking level.
- Paging and music capability integrated to the system.
- Simply layout and installation.
- Software included for system control and configuration.
- Flexibility for installation in unique spaces such as open plenum or drywall ceilings. Emitters are plug and play and do not require tuning.
- A variety of Qt control modules allow up to six different zones and coverage up to 180.000 ft2 per control module
The Qt® 100 is ideal for single zone spaces of up to 12,000 square feet (1,115 m2). The Qt 100 is easily controlled from the module’s front panel, making volume adjustments quick and easy.
The Qt® 300 is ideal for medium multi-zone spaces of up to 36,000 square feet (3,345 m2). The Qt 300’s system settings can be controlled via the easy-interface front panel or via any PC, Mac or tablet device using the intuitive Qt™ Monitoring and Control Software.
The Qt® 600 is ideal for large multi-zone spaces of up to 72,000 square feet (6,689 m2). System settings can be easily accessed and controlled via or from any PC, Mac or tablet device using the intuitive Qt™ Monitoring and Control Software.